|Quinoa Salad with Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes|
This is a simple summer salad that I make with Quinoa and other grains. You can use cooked bulgur or wild rice and it will come out delicious either way. Add pieces of cooked chicken or shrimp and it will make a great lunch. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry quinoa will yield 1 cup when cooked)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard – Gray Poupon or similar
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
Cook quinoa per instructions on the package. 1/2 cup dry quinoa will yield 1 cup when cooked. Set it aside, let it cool to room temperature. A lot of the times, I cook quinoa in larger quantities. Some will be used as pilaf with meals, some I use in salads.
In a large bowl combine olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Whip until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir with a spoon to mix evenly. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs. Serve chilled.
Afiyet Olsun! Bon Appetit!