|Garbanzo Bean Dip with Cumin and Dills|
This is a dip similar to hummus, except that it does not have tahini (sesame paste) in it. Not having sesame paste in it, this version is lighter than hummus. Cumin and fresh dill gives its special taste. It goes great with pita bread wedges.
- 1 15 oz can organic garbanzo beans
- 2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 table spoons lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon paprika or hot chili powder, or a mixture of the two
- Salt to taste
- Olives, slices of tomoto and a few sprigs of dill or parsley for garnish (optional)
Drain garbanzo beans. In a food processor combine all ingredients, puree well until it is a smooth paste. Add 1/4 cup more water if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with olives, slices of tomotoes and sprigs of fresh dill or parsley.
Afiyet Olsun! Bon Appetit!