|Spinach Salad with Orzo and Cheese|
- 1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup orzo (barley shaped pasta)
- 1 table spoon pine nuts, roasted
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted sliced
- 1/2 cup pearl tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare salad dressing first by mixing all ingredients and shaking well.
Wash and drain spinach, set aside.
Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Add orzo and a pinch of salt, cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
Roast pine nuts in a pan, stirring constantly. Roast until golden brown, set aside.
Place spinach and the rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add salad dressing. Toss the salad making sure all ingredients are mixed well. Serve.
Afiyet Olsun! Bon Appetit!
|Baby Spinach and Pearl Tomatoes|
|Sliced Black and Green Olives|
|Raw Pine Nuts|
|Roasted Pine Nuts|
|Spinach Salad with Orzo (without Cheese)|