Visitors

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Henny's Sunny Side Up Eggs with Mushrooms, Celery and Onions

Henny's Famous Sunny Side Up Eggs with Mushrooms, Celery and Onions

When my son asked me to go on a road trip to San Francisco together, I jumped on the opportunity. We loaded the car with a few clothes, a large bag of comfort food and got on the road at 7:00 in the morning. We decided to take Highway 1 to enjoy the beauty of the California Coast and it turned out to be a real treat this time of the year. Blooming wild flowers were everywhere. When we stopped at Big Sur for lunch, we could see the migrating Gray Whales spouting at a distance. Each time we curved around the road, we would be awed by yet another magical seascape. Our day long drive was full of many "oh my god!" moments thanks to the beauty of the Central California Coast.

Big Sur Coastline
San Francisco, where else?

Above the Ocean Beach, S.F.

Gautier Exhibit at de Young
Blossoms on Fillmore Street in Pacific Heights
Cafe Strada, Berkeley
 This turned out to be a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life. Not only I got to spend a lot of quality time with my son, but I also got to see some old friends and catch up with each other. My friend Susanna and I had Dim Sum for breakfast, hiked by the ocean, visited the Legion of Honor Museum, then hiked by the Ocean Beach, then quickly checked out the Gautier Exhibit at de Young  museum and called it the day.  In Berkeley, I stayed with my friend Henny, a wise, sweet and warm person. I always learn something from her by listening to her or just by watching how she lives her life. She is a coffee connoisseur, makes the best coffee, One Cup at a Time. The breakfast she prepared was delicious. I took a quick picture and had to share the recipe.

Sunny Side Eggs with Sautéed Vegetables:


Ingredients:
  • 2 table spoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
    6 mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 wheat tortillas
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Combine olive oil and onions in a pan, sauté for a few minutes. Add celery and continue to sauté until both onions and celery are cooked. Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are cooked. Making sure the vegetables are evenly spread on the pan, break the eggs over the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a lid over the pan and let it cook until the eggs are just done, set aside.

Warm the tortillas in the oven, place them on serving plates. Carefully place the eggs and vegetables over the tortillas. Enjoy!

Afiyet Olsun! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment